If you have ever wondered about the various Wireless protocols like CDMA and GSM, here they are! I have provided all of the formats that I can think of, as well as a run down on the specifications of each format:
- MAIN USE: PC Networking
- FREQUENCY: 5GHz
- RANGE: 25-75ft inside/100ft Outside
- SPEED: ~54Mbps
- NOTES: Not backwardly compatible with 802.11b, 802.11g. Other 5GHz devices may disrupt connection
The 40-bit and 64-bit Question:
Wired Equivalent Privacy uses a streaming cipher, which combines the use of a 40-bit WEP Key with a 24-bit random number (known as the Initialization Vector, or IV ) generated by the Router/AP to encrypt the data
. You can think of the IV as simply a header for the key. So, for a 64-bit Cipher, the user actually contributes a key length is 40-bits (5 bytes or 10HEX characters), with an additional 24-bits (3 bytes) of system-generated data, for a total of 64-bits (8 bytes) total.
* If you are entering your Key in HEX format, your Key should be 10 HEX characters long.
Things to consider when having trouble with your WiFi connection:
iPAQ RELATED FACTORS
1.) Reset the Wireless Adapter Always start your troubleshooting process by removing your iPAQ’s main battery (this only applies to iPAQs with a consumer accessible battery) for 30 seconds, then replacing the battery. This will force a core-reset of the wireless adapter, as well as a soft-reset of the iPAQ itself.
2.) Update your software: Make sure your iPAQ has the most recent BIOS, Firmware, and Drivers.
Today is a wonderful day.Â There are a great many things that helped me to arrive at such a decision.
- This is the first day for my new blog (short for “web-log“).Â
- The consulting business is taking off (it was never meant to be an extra income, just a way to be professional and certified while helping friends and family) and paying for itself now.
- We have a good client base, and several users signing-up for long term support plans.Â Â
- A couple of websites that I’m designing areÂ close to being done.
- I have installed a user-forum, and it’s in place & working!Â Clients can post their questions here publicly, and get a response in as short a time as possible.Â Later clientsÂ can benefit from the answers provided to earlier clients!
See?Â I told you it’s a wonderful day!