A new public beta version of SoftMaker Office 2008 for Pocket PCs is now available as a free download. This new beta comes with several fixes and improvements, such as:
- The setup program now optionally installs design templates and graphical bullets to a storage card, thereby freeing internal memory.
- Umlauts and accented characters can now be entered on the Palm Treo’s built-in keyboard.
- Opening the Zoom dialog doesn’t make the software unstable anymore.
- If you move Jetcet Print to a different folder, SoftMaker Office will still find it.
- Slideshows in Presentations now always fit on the screen.
- SoftMaker Presentations now allows you to insert sound files.
- If you do not already have the previous beta, please visit http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofpbetareg_en.htm to register and download the fresh beta.
- If you have the previous beta, simply download the new installer file from http://www.softmaker.net/down/ofpw08beta.exe without registering again for the beta.
One more note for users of the previous beta: The latest setup program does not automatically place design templates and graphical bullets for SoftMaker Presentations in \My Documents\SoftMaker\Bullets and \My Documents\SoftMaker\Designs, respectively. Instead, if you install to a storage card, those two folders will be created on the storage card. If the previously mentioned folders still exist on your Pocket PC, you can now delete them, thereby freeing precious internal memory.
SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows
SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows has been shipping since the beginning of the year and has received raving reviews from our customers.
If you are looking for an office suite that is compatible with Microsoft Office, yet easier to use and less expensive, then SoftMaker Office 2008 should be your choice.
SoftMaker Office offers four new and improved applications:
* TextMaker 2008 with many enhancements such as PDF export, OLE server capabilities, a stylesheet manager, print preview, full-screen mode, envelope printing and, and, and…
* PlanMaker 2008, the latest version of our spreadsheet. Now with OLE server capability, PDF export, full-screen mode, new calculation functions, and many other improvements.
* SoftMaker Presentations 2008, SoftMaker’s brand new alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint. Just as capable, but much easier to use!
* BasicMaker 2008, our new VBA-compatible macro language that lets you automate TextMaker and PlanMaker like in Microsoft Office.
Find out more at: