There are many PDAs out there with Telephony services, a camera, and other features, but they are always lacking something: like integrated GPS, VGA, or sufficient base RAM memory.
When will some company create a PDA with these features?
- Cellular (GSM & 3G) plus Data (GPRS/UMTS/Edge).
- 4″ VGA (640×480 minimum) screen.
- Faster Processor (624Mhz PXA270 or better).
- More SDRAM (128MB minimum, 256MB preferred).
- SiRFstar III GPS (AGPS would be cool).
- 3MP Camera, + 1MP front-facing Video Conference
- Wireless WiFi b & g, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- SDIO or MicroSD (SDHC compatible).
- Barcode scanner & Inventory Software.
So far, the Psion Teklogix “iKï¿½n” PDA Phone that Breley alerted us to last week is the closest match to date, but even the iKï¿½n is lacking in a few areas, namely a 2MP camera instead of a 3MP camera, no front-facing camera for Video Conferencing, no AGPS (minor actually), no 3G capabilities, and a 3.7″ screen. Also, it appears the Barcode scanner/imager is “optional”, so it looks like it may be an “add-on” module.
Next closest is the E-TEN Glofiish X500+, but it too lacks a lot: 2.8″ screen, 64MB of SDRAM, no front-facing camera for Video Conferencing, and no Barcode Scanner.
Can anyone else suggest a device that comes close to offering these same specifications. I’ll draw the line at UMPCs because I’m still looking for a regular PocketPC.